Flow Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flow Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flow Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing obj

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
whimphyte
633 Views, 4 Replies

importing obj

I want to import an simple obj file into flow design, but it keeps creating mesh.. Does anyone know why ??QQ截图20140603170826.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
whimphyte
in reply to: whimphyte

Im using win8,64 btw
Message 3 of 5
hartogj

It looks like some settings were changed in a previous run (I see pressure is set as the result quantity) and you may want to start from a clean slate, especially if you had specified a very high mesh resolution.

To do this, you can delete the Autodesk Flow Design.settings.json file. This is saved in the "My Documents" folder in Windows 7 and should be in a similar location in Windows 8.

If that doesn't help, can you attach the obj file?

Thanks,

Jon

Jon den Hartog

Product Manager
Message 4 of 5
whimphyte
in reply to: hartogj

Hi Jon,

Thx for the quick reply. I tried delete the .json file but it still doesnt work. It is a very simple mesh. Please see the dxf file attached. (cannot attach obj for some reason)

Message 5 of 5
hartogj

It looks like this dxf is a 2D sketch only. Flow Design will work best with 3D geometry so this may be a geometry format issue.

I grabbed the dxf and turned it into geometry you can solve either in 2D or 3D within Flow Design.

Wasn't sure of the design intent based on the sketch alone so I created 2 files for you to review. This is an SAT format but you should be ablel to do the same with OBJ.

Thanks,

Jon

Jon den Hartog

Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report