Flow Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flow Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flow Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results Export and Weather File

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
VictoriaT
969 Views, 9 Replies

Results Export and Weather File

Hi,

I am a masters student looking at using flow design as part of my project due to its availability to the construction industry. 

I have two questions, are you able to export the results, for example, with wind speed at each 1 metre grid point?

Also, I am being hopeful, but as this is ‘virtual wind tunnel’ unlikely, but are you able to put a weather file into Flow-design for a specific location?

Thanks,

Victoria  

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
mayur_dhumal
in reply to: VictoriaT

Hi Victoria,

Good luck for your project!

If I understood your question correctly, I suppose there is a workaround to save a video or image file, you will just have to manually drag the visualization plane at your desired distance or position i.e. 1m.

There are plenty of file formats you can import into the Standalone Flow Design, so select one from it. Just check this below link, I hope this helps:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/ADSKFD/ENU/?guid=GUID-9627827D-0601-43C2-B3E9-758CC028B7F9

You may also have a look at 'Flow Design for Revit', Autodesk Revit is Building information modeling software for architects, structural engineers, MEP engineers, designers and contractors.

Best Regards,

Mayur

Message 3 of 10
VictoriaT
in reply to: mayur_dhumal

Hi Mayur,

What I am really after is the results in a text file (or excel) which are used to generate the image which is shown in flow-design - I am wanting to use the results in an equation, therefore need the actual values (eg, 5 m/s at point A, 7 m/s at point B).

Surely the image which you see has a text file behind it which contains this information?

Thanks,  

Message 4 of 10
hartogj

Hey Victoria

A few folks have expressed an interest in this on IdeaStation: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/idea10/article-id/17

Can you give us a better idea of how many points you are looking to capture and whether or not you need to look at multiple conditions, ie directions and speeds?

Thanks,

Jon

Jon den Hartog

Product Manager
Message 5 of 10
VictoriaT
in reply to: hartogj

Hi Jon,

I'm looking at wind within whole urban developments for the rebuilding of Central Christchurch after an earthquake wiped out 80-90% of their central city in 2011.  Most developments cover ½ a city block, so 100 x 100 metres, therefore, ideally I’d be looking at 10,000 points on a 1 metre x 1 metre grid. 

8 wind directions to capture all of the key wind directions in Christchurch.

Thanks,

Victoria

Message 6 of 10
hartogj

Thanks Victoria.

Right now we don't officially support this kind of results export in Flow Design. But, this is the type of project we'd like to learn more about as we look at the possibility of adding scripting. If you like we can discuss further details offline - I've just sent you a private message to continue the conversation.

Jon

Jon den Hartog

Product Manager
Message 7 of 10
mayur_dhumal

Hi Victoria,

Yes, that would be a great option if provided. I think that will be a great idea i.e. "Saving plot results in XML format or Text Format" may help.

Regards,
Mayur
Message 8 of 10
VictoriaT
in reply to: mayur_dhumal

Yes exactly, as long as the user is able to determine where the starting plot is or can view each of the plots so the results are useful when specifically looking at one part of the test area.

Thanks,

Victoria  

Message 9 of 10

Hi,

Are there any news for this problem. Will it be possible the results in xml. in further times? Are there any other possibilities to evaluate the result?

Thanks,

Lucas

Message 10 of 10
mayur_dhumal
in reply to: 864297531

Hi Lucas,

I guess it will not be available in near future, it will take time to implement. I think it has to go through various phases i.e.
Discussion at Autodesk lab or Project Falcon team level.
Whether to include this option, check the feasibility.
Is it necessary to have this result, how to implement it, its design map or something.
Decide the priority for it, which version should include it etc, etc.

Thanks,
Mayur

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report