Conveyor users need the ability to use FDS to perform studies. The user needs to place carriers on curves to generate a profile path. See example.
This is needed to ensure that the area is clear for movement of the carrier and the product is carrying.
Required Output needed is 2D Plan View (see example)
Future Output is 3D Swept Volume for clash detection.
Created in 2D or 3D. Horizontallly and Vertically.
Movement is not requested.
This is needed for material movement clearance studies.
i´m testing the labs tool Process Simulation 360 and i think it is a great tool and easy to use. But i don´t know the meaning of MTTR and MTBF and there is no discription.
And now my idea:
Create my layout in ACAD Architecture and put in all of my material flow, product and so on. Export an XML or something else and load it in this new labs tool. In Process Simulation 360 i want to check out if my layout can reach my output or what happen if my processor is faster, slower or stops for 2 hours because of a crash in the maschine.
A nice to have: All operations and stations are in Process Simulation 360 from my ACAD layout export.
Next: Process Simulation 360 integrated in Factory Design Suite 2013.
Several customers have now requested that FDS allow users to compute the Return On Investment for their projects. This would allow users to understand project costs earlier in the design phase and have faster iteration of design optimization.
- Examine project costs to make sure designs are within budget
- Study several different designs to see which has the best results (is my design getting better or worse with these options?)
- Simplify the transfer of cost data to analysts for a comprehensive study
How it could work:
- Factory assets have attributes associated with costs (machine cost, consumables, energy consumption, throughput, utilization, yield, etc). Some of these are standard, some are user created, all are populated with user data.
- Assets are placed as required in a project or layout
- User selects relevant portions of a project and layout and exports to spreadsheet
- Cost attributes of selected assets are placed in a spreadsheet for calculation
- Optionally, users can select a spreadsheet template for the type of analysis they want to perform