Factory Design Suite IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Factory Design Suite with the Development Team.
1 Kudo
BiktimirovK

Frame Generator support at Assets

by BiktimirovK on ‎11-02-2012 10:03 AM

I need at Assembly Assets Update frames, created by FG, when geometry of Asset changed.

Comments
by Employee on ‎12-05-2012 12:45 PM

Would it be correct that if we change the size of the asset, it is now a new asset?

Are you looking to get the detailed drawings of each of the pieces from the Frame Generator model?

by BiktimirovK on ‎12-12-2012 08:41 PM

When we created assembly assets it is very helpful of using frame generator via creating assets.

In a simple example I created part Simple_Equipment (01) placed it to an assembly and created frame

with parts edge. I created assembly (02) user parameter Width to manipulate with width of part (part made adaptive).

I created asset

Then I created an assembly and placed some new assets

Then I change parameter Widh

As a result – part updated, frame – not

There is a short video about workflow

http://www.screencast.com/t/jx6zyS2hNc4

FILES

ftp://CHANGE:egnahc7536@92.255.47.106/IDEAstaion/

Best regards,

Konstantin Biktimirov

by Employee on ‎01-08-2013 09:04 AM

Hello Konstantin,

In this case, an "asset" is probably not what you would want.  You'd be better to use "insert model" in this case - the reason being that since assets are library components, you can't really

However, I think we need to look into how Autodesk can make a better, more straightforward workflow for this. 

by Employee on ‎01-08-2013 09:05 AM
Status changed to: Under Review

by Employee on ‎01-08-2013 09:05 AM
Status changed to: Under Review

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea