cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator support at Assets

Frame Generator support at Assets

I need at Assembly Assets Update frames, created by FG, when geometry of Asset changed.

7 Comments

Would it be correct that if we change the size of the asset, it is now a new asset?

Are you looking to get the detailed drawings of each of the pieces from the Frame Generator model?

BiktimirovK
Enthusiast

When we created assembly assets it is very helpful of using frame generator via creating assets.

In a simple example I created part Simple_Equipment (01) placed it to an assembly and created frame

with parts edge. I created assembly (02) user parameter Width to manipulate with width of part (part made adaptive).

I created asset

Then I created an assembly and placed some new assets

Then I change parameter Widh

As a result – part updated, frame – not

There is a short video about workflow

http://www.screencast.com/t/jx6zyS2hNc4

FILES

ftp://CHANGE:egnahc7536@92.255.47.106/IDEAstaion/

Best regards,

Konstantin Biktimirov

Hello Konstantin,

In this case, an "asset" is probably not what you would want.  You'd be better to use "insert model" in this case - the reason being that since assets are library components, you can't really

However, I think we need to look into how Autodesk can make a better, more straightforward workflow for this. 

chris.smith
Participant

Mike.Jolicoeur,

Has there been any progress on this issue?

I need to create a frame assembly that I can resize. Lets say I have a basic table of length, Width and height. The only parameters I want to change is Width and Height and create several assets from this and eventually create a cutting list from the layout/assembly. I also need assets so that I can publish them to the cloud so that my table can be used for tenders etc. I also want asset families instead of individual instances as some models may have 20+ variants.

From my work it would seem the resize issue is because the frame doesnt use my template but instead uses a skeleton created by Inventor which cannot be resized using parameters as it is locked from edits. The resize command will push sizes through from my template but this doesn't work for assets.

Will Autodesk be fixing this? do you know of a workaround that doesnt involve modelling each individual asset?

Thanks and regards,

Chris

XuesongBai
Alumni

Hi Chris and all,

The capability of frame generator assembly as normal factory asset is supported in FDS 2017. So please pay more attention to the soon coming FDS.

Thanks for your patience and support.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

chris.smith
Participant

Xuesong,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I had some information on FDS 2017 but I am happy to hear this issue has been resolved.

Thank you once again.

Chris

philip.s
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report