Factory Design Suite IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Factory Design Suite with the Development Team.
4 Kudos
jberns

Create a a factory asset library for 3ds Max Design

by Valued Contributor jberns on ‎10-02-2013 05:30 PM

Autodesk,

The Factory Asset Warehouse is a great tool to locate assets for AutoCAD and Inventor.

I feel an area has been overlooked – assets for 3ds Max Design.

Videos promote how useful 3ds Max Design is to animate the factory layout, but it is a tedious process to build bones and linkages to animate robots and similar equipment.

Wouldn't’t it be great if a user could browse the warehouse to find a fully rigged robot, fork truck, crane, or other factory asset and just drop it into 3ds Max Design? This could save a lot of time for users new to 3ds Max Design.

I welcome your feedback.

Regards,

Jerry

Comments
by Employee XuesongBai on ‎11-06-2013 10:45 PM

Hi Jerry,

Thank you very much for raising up the requirement here. We will consider the interoperability between in 3ds Max and Factory Asset Warehouse. So far, I think you can drag and Drop the 3D assets into Inventor and then send the Inventor assembly file into 3ds Max for the downstream animation.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

by Valued Contributor jberns on ‎11-07-2013 06:13 AM
Xuesong,

Thank you for the feedback.

True, you can drop an asset into Inventor and then send it to 3ds Max, but those are extra steps. Also, the Inventor assembly constraints are lost during the transfer to 3ds Max. Users are required to link, constrain, or rig the assembly back together. It would be great if a library existed of fully rigged or constrained equipment for 3ds Max.

Better yet, maintain or convert the Inventor constraints/joints into 3ds Max equivalents.

Best regards,
Jerry

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea