cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow Multiple Inventor Layouts to Utilize the Same AuotCAD XRef

Allow Multiple Inventor Layouts to Utilize the Same AuotCAD XRef

I have been working on developing some workflows using the same AutoCAD building layout and then placing it as an XRef into different AutoCAD sublayouts.  These workflows work great for the FDS Standard version, but I have discovered a problem when syncing to Inventor.  For some reason it won't let me sync from Inventor to AutoCAD because it wants to overwrite the XRef files.  It would be much easier to simply see any XRef files as references also in Inventor and not attempt to overwrite them during the Sync process.  That way a master layout overlay could be used multiple times in a large comprehensive design.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

3 Comments
Mohamed_Rafick
Explorer

Hi. I try synchronising inventor files to autocad then autocad file to INVENTOR file by using Autodesk inventor Factory design utility assets. When i place an asset in INVENTOR factory layout with asset elevation, it be work in inventor but when i synchronising the same file to Autocad layout to 3d virtualation the model has exist but the elevation will not be the same. What can i do to make this elevation remain same for Autocad layout. Kindly help if you know

Regards,

Mohamed Rafick

Mohamed_Rafick
Explorer

Hi. I try synchronising inventor files to autocad then autocad file to INVENTOR file by using Autodesk inventor Factory design utility assets. When i place an asset in INVENTOR factory layout with asset elevation, it be work in inventor but when i synchronising the same file to Autocad layout to 3d virtalization the model has exist but the elevation will not be the same. What can i do to make this elevation remain same for Autocad layout. Kindly help if you know

Regards,

Mohamed Rafick

liqinomickey
Autodesk

Hi @Mohamed_Rafick ,

Would you please take a screencast or snapshot of the issue? Thank you.

Mickey

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report