cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D assets

2D assets

Here's My Idea:-

Why not have Inventor "variable" partameters exposed on to the 2D asset as a dynamic parameter within AutoCAD. example of which could be a conveyor with a length parameter, could this not be displayed just like a dynamic block when in the autocad environment??

8 Comments
XuesongBai
Alumni

Hi Tony,

Thank you verr much for sharing the great idea with us.

I will be considering the function in the future release.

Thank you again.Welcome more ideas to us.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

wezpb
Advocate

I think i have figured out how Inventor is creating the 2d from the 3d (forgive me if i'm wrong!). It looks to me as if Inventor is creating a view on a drawing sheet to "project" the plan view of the block. although obviously done hidden in the background. In inventor after creating views you can extract the dimensions from the model to appear on the drawing, and editing the model dimensions within the drawing also updates the 3D. could this be a way of getting the dimensons into a dynamic block??

Logos_Atum
Advisor

My thought to share would be to define which parameters should be available as a handle in AutoCAD.

We could easily define the (eg.) "lenght" parameter as a handle and as it drives the assets dependent geome-

try, it would adapt accordingly. Not that different from the chain assets. Only a "out of the box" variation of

the same theme.

Kind regards

Daniel

wezpb
Advocate

I think i have found an easy way to do this. Can i have an email address to send the idea on to. I wouldn't like to post something untested that could maybe lead to problems.

Regards,

Wes

XuesongBai
Alumni

Hi Wes,

Possibly, you can send your idea to me by xuesong.bai@autodesk.com. So I can forward that to our development.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

WillMorganmhs
Enthusiast

do we have an update on this? We really need this functionality.

XuesongBai
Alumni

Hi there,

Yes, we are taking the step forward in making it reality. I will post the information here if there is any update of this function.

Please pay an attention to the near future release of FDS.

If you want to know more about this, contact me offline by sending mail to Xuesong.bai@autodesk.com.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

petestrycharske
Advisor

Like Xuesong indicated that ability has been added to FSD 2016 R2.  Download it from your subscription center and you can now modify parameters in AutoCAD.  Hope this helps and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report