FMDesktop

Active Contributor
Andido
Message 1 of 3 (130 Views)

Version 7.1 very slow

130 Views, 2 Replies
10-30-2007 01:16 PM
I just upgraded to Version 7.1/AutoCAD 2008/Access 2007 and the first thing I'm noticing is how much slower FMD is when loading plans and applying labels.

Is there something I can do to increase the speed? It's bad enough, that I'm considering a downgrade.
scottbdz
Message 2 of 3 (130 Views)

Re: Version 7.1 very slow

02-07-2008 06:47 AM in reply to: Andido
hi -
we are experiencing a similar issue (PC crashes). we have FMD 7.1 / acad 2006 / access 2007.

have you received any resolution that you can share?
Active Contributor
Andido
Message 3 of 3 (130 Views)

Re: Version 7.1 very slow

02-08-2008 03:02 AM in reply to: Andido
Sorry, Nothing really. It's all because of how FMD handles on the fly labeling/hatching. I could benefit from a faster machine, but I'm stuck with this one until Spring of 2009 when the scheduled replacement happens.

Currently, I'm on a Celeron 2.8 GHZ 1 GIG RAM with on board Intel graphics. I should probably pull the "I need a better machine because I do CAD and Database" card. ALthough the thing handles CAD graphics without much complaint. I haven't tested this theory, but a better graphics card may yield better output-my chief complaint.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community