Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit DWF into FMD Space Plan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bobbyc42
443 Views, 3 Replies

Revit DWF into FMD Space Plan

I have created a Revit DWF (2D) with colored areas of the floor plan using filled regions. Upon importing to FMD 7.0 the color filled regions disappear. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mark.evans
in reply to: bobbyc42

When you import a DWF file as a Space Plan, I'm pretty sure that FMDesktop strips out any fills associated with rooms in a DWF file created by Revit. You may notice that it strips out the room labels from Revit as well. This is necessary to "make room" for the fills and hatches that are added dynamically by FMDesktop. The room labels are removed to make room for the dynamically generated labels created from the FMDesktop database.

I haven't tried importing a Revit DWF with fill patterns as a Plan View in FMDesktop. So I don't know whether they are removed in that process. I could see leaving them intact in that case.

Mark Evans
Autodesk

Mark Evans
Senior Product Manager
AEC Division, Simulation Product Line
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
bobbyc42

What I was trying to import was a plan view. Do you see any "work around" for this in a plan view? It seems strange that the colorization is maintained in the conversion from Revit to the DWF but gets lost in the import process?
Message 4 of 4
mark.evans

I have verified that we do the same "stripping out" operation when importing into a Plan View that we do when importing into a Space Plan. I agree that we shouldn't. Plan Views are essentially reference material and you should be able to bring in whatever you like. I'll make this an enhancment but I don't know when it will get done.

Mark Evans

Mark Evans
Senior Product Manager
AEC Division, Simulation Product Line
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report