I would appreciate some help on following questions:
1. Can FMD get linked with maps developed by AutoCAD, Revit Architecture 2008? If yes, integration is only with 2D drawings or 3D revit drawings also? Do we need a server to save the maps in?
2. Do we need a server to install the software in?
3. Is it easy to integrate with ERP software (like SAP Corporate Services, SAP Finance and SAP HR)? How?
1. When you say "maps", I'm not sure if you mean something other than floor plans. Floor plans from Revit can be imported to FMDesktop via 2D DWF files and attribute data comes with the rooms and equipment. AutoCAD-based floor plans can be moved into FMDesktop using the Facility Link product. You don't have to have a server for the drawing files.
2. A server is not mandatory for software installation either. You can use the application on a single computer. It's probably wise to work with one of our resellers or partners to get a more specific configuration based upon your needs.
3. Yes, with some skills. There are no API's or standard integrations, but the database is open to integration because it is in Microsoft Access. This means you can see the schema and you can use standard Microsoft Office tools to move data in and out of the database. If you use the SQL Server or Oracle versions, your IT department or a consulting partner can do direct integrations between FMDesktop and SAP or other applications.
Mark Evans Senior Product Manager AEC Division, Simulation Product Line Autodesk, Inc.