Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project vs Individual moves

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dakota
420 Views, 1 Reply

Project vs Individual moves

I find this hard to believe using this software, so I thought I would ask other users if this should make sense. I am using Facility Manager to add new people, move them and remove them when they leave. I probably average 10-20 actions a day. I can understand new hires and terminations being an individual action, but was shown projects as a way to move several people at once. The problem is some of the moves take place up to a month prior to me getting all of the information and getting the drawings updated. I asked Autodesk why the individual moves can be dated anytime, but when creating a project to move several people at once, it always defaults to the current date. Does this make sense to you? Why shouldn't you be able to date a project anytime similar to an individual move?
Thanks in advance.
Dan
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: dakota

Dan,

I'm not sure I entirely understand your post, but you can indeed specify project Target and Actual Dates (on the Details tab of Projects).

When you add individuals to be moved to the Occupants tab, you have those same two options as well. The calendar control simply defaults to the current date to position the cursor. If you are doing a number of moves, you can simply select the date (past, present, or future) by double clicking in that Planned Date or Actual Date field. You can then copy that date to each of the other occupants' (aka ... don't have to hit the calendar control each time) planned or actual dates.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report