Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Step-by-Step references please

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
396 Views, 1 Reply

More Step-by-Step references please

I would like to see more step by step procedures and strategy tips.
For example, FMD is doing a great job keeping my 2 million sq. feet of space inventoried, but I see this as merely scratching the surface.
I would like to start using FMD to graphically report sprinkler valve zones and HVAC controls zoning. I do not know how to set this up and I haven't located sufficient documentation.

For example, for sprinkler zones: someone has already created a simple xls that shows room number and zone valve serving that room. I would think it would be relatively easy to have FMD color code the plans. These plans come in handy during constructions projects or any other time heads get knocked off. Our fire response team carries a rather rough-looking booklet now.

Another question...Is it wise to utilize a separate database for secondary FMD uses? Meaning, I don't want to slow done my space reporting for the sake of sprinkler zoning...
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pajamabob
in reply to: Anonymous

This is a great post, and timely too. I agree that there is only so much information that ca be gleaned from the help files. They are designed to provide instruction on how to accomplish the mechanics of a task. I would suggest that you take a look at the videos and white papers posted on FMDesktop.com. You can expect to see more content on this site in the coming weeks and months that could be very helpful. However, there is no substitute for hands-on practical training. Our FMDesktop partners can help you with this as well.

I encourage all FMDesktop users to post suggestions for topics they would like to see covered in more detail. "maybe" the demo gods will be listening and you will see your topic highlighted in a white paper of vided on FMDesktop.com

:-)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report