After V6.5, we have been adding features to make it possible for Facility Managers to do a lot more without having to use CAD (and Facility Link). A few highlights are:
- you can import DWF files from AutoCAD Architecture or Revit and Facility Manager will understand space objects or rooms without doing any poly-lining
- you can use the same DWF file import for DWF files created by Facility Link so that your CAD person no longer has to be connected to your database to change geometry
- likewise, you can import symbols/objects into Facility Manager as equipment through the same DWF import
- Facility Manager users can define any number of labels on the drawings for spaces or equipment without going to Facility Link
- Labels in Facility Manager can be resized and repositioned in Facility Manager, including automatic leaders when you move the label away from the space or equipment
- graphic reports generated from Facility Manager no longer require the DWF Viewer to be installed for other users
- and hundreds of defect fixes
There are probably many more that I am not thinking of right now.
If you are under subscription, we can still answer questions about 6.5 but there will be no patches or defects fixed for version 6.5. Defects and patches are only provided for the current version (now 7.1).
Mark Evans Senior Product Manager AEC Division, Simulation Product Line Autodesk, Inc.