Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMD Report to Excel

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
642 Views, 8 Replies

FMD Report to Excel

I'm having trouble getting a stock report (12 month Proration) to export to Excel. Any tricks to do this? I get a just a few labeled cells but no data comes over. Export to csv or txt is not usable because of formatting (multiple entries per cell)
I'm using FMD 6.5/MS Access.

Any help would be appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pajamabob
in reply to: Anonymous

This is a great question…

Using the Export to Excel button in Facility Manager is not the best way to get this particular report over to Excel. Most of the reports in Facility Manager are formatted for display and printing, and the embedded export to Excel in MS Access seems to do a poor job of transferring that data. There is a trick you can use to make this happen.

Publish this report to Word. Your word document will contain the headings and rows you need. Copy and paste the rows to a blank Excel spreadsheet and the data imports into Excel as you would expect. This is a couple of extra steps, but the result is a usable Excel document.

Hope this helps…
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks pajamabob
I will try this method. The bean counters love Excel. There was mention of a known problem with Access 2000 exporting to Excel in the MS KB. I'm waiting to see if upgrading to Access 2003 will work better.

BTW, the Proration report is great. Wish I knew how it worked like where does it get the monthly totals? I have one more month of history in order to utilize the 12 month report without 0 sq. ft. entries throwing the averages.
Message 4 of 9
pajamabob

The data is collected from the "tbl_AllocationHistory" table. This information is collected on or about the first of each month. You can edit the data in this table manually if you wish to flesh out your reports.

Hope this helps...
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

This is helpful information. BTW, your advice to export to MS Word and copy into Excel worked great. Bean-counters are happy. ...but I'm lazy and I want FMD to do it in Version 8.
;^>
Message 6 of 9
pajamabob

On the wish list my friend... 🙂
Message 7 of 9
suvo

In Facility Manager, where can I find the "Export to Excel button" you are referring to?
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Using the workaround provided by Pajamabob:
On the Facility Reports page: Set begin and end dates for the desired Proration Report then select the Preview the report icon...
On the button to the right of the "Close" button you have an option to "Publish To Word"
You can now copy the resulting Word doc content to Excel. It's not graceful, but it does work.
Message 9 of 9
mark.evans

When you are previewing a report, go to the top toolbar and select "Tools", then "Office Links", then "Analyze It with Microsoft Office Excel." That will open Excel with the current report content in it.

Mark Evans
Senior Product Manager
AEC Division, Simulation Product Line
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report