Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting spaces in AutoCAD

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bellj
454 Views, 1 Reply

Deleting spaces in AutoCAD

I needed to delete some room records from both the FMD database and AutoCAD drawing, as cubicles had been dismantled. In AutoCAD I hit the "Space Data" icon and chose a cube. In the Space Data dialog box, I clicked on "Delete Record." The cube number disappeared. I then erased the cube and its polyline.

However, when I went back to the FMD database, I was surprised to see that the room record was NOT deleted. The cause was the "Space History." As long as former occupants are in the room's history, the space will not be deleted. There's no warning in AutoCAD that the record can't be deleted.

Is this an oversight? I'd think that deleting the record in the CAD file should do the job completely or let the user know that it didn't. We're using 6.5 of FMD and ACAD 2006.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mark.evans
in reply to: bellj

The space record in the database is flagged as inactive or having "deleted" status. Many users want to be able to report on the history of a space. One key example would be doing a space allocation report over the past year for occupancy chargebacks. You can't do that if you delete the space record and the associated occupancy history from the database completely.

All reports of current occupancy or graphic displays of the plans should reflect the removal of that space. (If you are using Facility Link, remember that you have to republish the drawings to Facility Manager to see the changes there.)

Mark Evans

Mark Evans
Senior Product Manager
AEC Division, Simulation Product Line
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report