Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF Import Problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bobbyc42
464 Views, 5 Replies

DWF Import Problem

Importing a space plan or plan view DWF to FMD 7.0 I have noticed that the text does not import cleanly. All the text for room numbers seems to shift a couple of positions to the right and if there are two lines, the second line left justifies with the first line even though it was centered in the DWF. This is not normally a problem except with small rooms where the number now gets placed outside the room. We also number doors for our buildings and this gets skewed.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: bobbyc42

Bobby,

There do appear to be some issues with the labelling; not just in the import process either. I've seen in many instances where the labels actually shift downward a few lines causing the same problems you have mentioned.

Those have been reported to Autodesk. Hopefully they'll have a resolution to the labeling problems in the next release.

Jon Luby
Message 3 of 6
mark.evans

Are you talking about text that was published into the DWF file or about dynamic labels that are created by Facility Manager after the DWF is imported? What application is authoring the DWF file?

Mark Evans
Autodesk

Mark Evans
Senior Product Manager
AEC Division, Simulation Product Line
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Mark,

In my case, I'm talking about the labels generated from Facility Manager.

Jon
Message 5 of 6
bobbyc42

In my instance the authoring package is Revit 9.1
Message 6 of 6
mark.evans

When Facility Manager imports a DWF file created in Revit, it strips out the room labels that are added by inserting the room tags in the Revit model. This is done to "make room for" the dynamic labels capability in Facility Manager. So, the text will not match precisely. Facility Manager's dynamic labels offer the ability to change the content, font height and color. We don't have the ability to change font style, justification, etc.

There is one aspect of your issue that we should change. Currently, we strip out the room text and room fill patterns regardless of whether it is being imported as a Space Plan or as a Plan View. It makes sense to do so for Space Plans to accomodate dynamic labels. But we should not strip them out for Plan Views so that users could publish whatever they want in those views since they are essentially "reference" information.

Mark Evans

Mark Evans
Senior Product Manager
AEC Division, Simulation Product Line
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report