Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what do you know about SAM?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
933 Views, 4 Replies

what do you know about SAM?

autodesk building solutions division put on a presentation on tuesday evening before the augi meeting. So, they talk about these tools, they aren't starting small, they are starting at the top and working their way down to gain experience... this talk was given by steve brown and mark evans from autodesk So, the SAM tool modules? dwg tool - clean up, define spaces, map dwg & data fm tool - navigate, search, query, floor browse, analyze, space attribute editor, report builder space & occ mgmt - space loc. edit, chargeback reports move mgr - move requests, project scenario planning, reporting they say that building a building costs about $200 sq ft, and maintaining costs about $40 a sq ft... so, you author your info in acad, adt or revit, keep it in dwg format... 60% of the solution is out of the box, 40% is customized... there is no lease or maint mgmt modules (no mepfp mgmt, do any cafm programs actually help with this info?) there are two versions of SAM, one for acad, one for map? (acad, attributes; map, object data) so, give me details, tell me how this stuff works. is it easy to customize? can we host this info on a website without having to buy 2,000 seats of pointless for occasional users. How much information publishing is available? Is it easy to send my info out to others?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I cannot find anything about autodesk's SAM initiative on their website... what, we can't even get a teaser? Here is the class description from AU Facilities Management If you work in the post-construction portion of the building industry, you'll want to hear about the tools Autodesk is building for you! The leaders of Autodesk's SAM initiative will present some of the exciting enterprise applications they are delivering to large corporate customers. Working with Autodesk technologies and partners, these applications provide enhanced space and occupancy management, more accurate cost allocations, and automated moves/adds/changes. The presenters will discuss how these tools help corporate real-estate managers understand their portfolios, align with their business, and save millions of dollars. Learn how Autodesk plans to extend support for the Building Information Model across the complete building lifecycle. Gain the knowledge you need to make the best possible technology decisions and plan for an exciting tomorrow. "melanie stone" wrote in message news:41b72150_1@newsprd01... > autodesk building solutions division put on a presentation on tuesday > evening before the augi meeting. > So, they talk about these tools, they aren't starting small, they are > starting at the top and working their way down to gain experience... > this talk was given by steve brown and mark evans from autodesk > > So, the SAM tool modules? > > dwg tool - clean up, define spaces, map dwg & data > > fm tool - navigate, search, query, floor browse, analyze, space attribute > editor, report builder > > space & occ mgmt - space loc. edit, chargeback reports > > move mgr - move requests, project scenario planning, reporting > > they say that building a building costs about $200 sq ft, and maintaining > costs about $40 a sq ft... > > so, you author your info in acad, adt or revit, keep it in dwg format... > 60% of the solution is out of the box, 40% is customized... > there is no lease or maint mgmt modules (no mepfp mgmt, do any cafm > programs actually help with this info?) > there are two versions of SAM, one for acad, one for map? (acad, > attributes; map, object data) > > so, give me details, tell me how this stuff works. is it easy to > customize? can we host this info on a website without having to buy 2,000 > seats of pointless for occasional users. How much information publishing > is available? Is it easy to send my info out to others? > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Well, contacted the guys who gave the presentation at AU, and they confirmed that there is no information about SAM on their site yet. So, they must still be developing a lot. They mentioned that this is a custom thing that they'd done for at least one very large customer. So, as I get more info from them, I'll see what sense I can make of it and post something here... "melanie stone" wrote in message news:41b86c60_1@newsprd01... >I cannot find anything about autodesk's SAM initiative on their website... >what, we can't even get a teaser? >
Message 4 of 5
mark.evans

Hi Melanie,

You're right! There's no information about the SAM offering on the Autodesk site. You'll be seeing more information coming out over the next few months.

Thus far, the SAM solution has been "under the radar" and sold to a handful of Autodesk strategic customers. These customers are helping us validate that we're solving the right problems. They are teaching us a lot! And that is just making the solution better.

I'm starting to pay more attention to this discussion group in hopes that we can learn more from people like yourself.

Mark

Mark Evans
Senior Product Manager
AEC Division, Simulation Product Line
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

LIKE myself? lol, being as myself appears to have made 75% of the posts in this group, I am just happy to see attention being devoted to a real autodesk solution, I feel lonely sometimes. ;) "Mark Evans" wrote in message news:8790719.1103756850222.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hi Melanie, > > You're right! There's no information about the SAM offering on the > Autodesk site. You'll be seeing more information coming out over the next > few months. > > Thus far, the SAM solution has been "under the radar" and sold to a > handful of Autodesk strategic customers. These customers are helping us > validate that we're solving the right problems. They are teaching us a > lot! And that is just making the solution better. > > I'm starting to pay more attention to this discussion group in hopes that > we can learn more from people like yourself. > > Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report