Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2012 problems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Yann22
1024 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2012 problems

Hello, I'm new to the forum and have several questions regarding problems using maya 2012. I don't know where I should post them.

Last year when I purchased maya 2012 I had a lot of problems trying to run it both on a pc and mac. Accoring to support this was due to my computers not completely meeting the system requirements. I worked around the problems and didn't look for further help as I assumed the computers were the cause.

Now I bought a new pc which does meet the system requirements. However I still have some old, and also some new issues.

HP H8-1200EB I7-2600/8/1/HD7570 2GB/W7HP
64-bit                   Upgraded to windows 7 Ultimate
8GB RAM            AMD Radeon HD 7570

Some questions:

- When I mark Camera Based Selection at preferences maya will freeze when I use Snap to Point. I need to End Task to quit. This makes it not possible to use Camera Based Selection. Is this normal?

- When I duplicate a polygon mesh object with history, the duplicate has lost material on some faces. Is this normal?

When I duplicate a polygon mesh object with history, save and reopen the scene, the original mesh may have lost all material. (Loosing material has been a main problem with maya ever since purchase, I was told this was due to my poor graphics card but then why do i have the same problem on my new pc?)

- In every scene I have the Outliner, Texture Editor, and Hypershade open. But when I reopen after saving those windows are gone and i need to reopen them. In prefs I have Remember size and position marked.

Again last year I was told it is normally possible to keep them open but how do I acheive that?

- When exporting as fbx, is it possible that the name of the object is automaticly chosen as the name for the export?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

You can post Maya questions in one of these forums:
http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?768-Autodesk-Maya-Support

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 3 of 3
Discussion_Admin
in reply to: Yann22

The Maya Forums can be found on the AREA

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report