Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future of FM Desktop

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gschmidt34
1463 Views, 4 Replies

Future of FM Desktop

I work for a company that is actively working in BIM and Revit and also other CAFM systems on the FM side of things.. I would LOVE to jump on board with FM Desktop with the possible ties to Revit and the future of BIM, but the future development of FM Desktop has been so quiet, I just don't know what to think.

Is FM Desktop being further developed? Will it always be tied to Access?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mark.evans
in reply to: gschmidt34

Thank you for your interest in FMDesktop. Of course we think FMDesktop is the best option for organizations and their design partners who are actively implementing BIM using Revit and other Autodesk products.

FMDesktop has been, and continues to be, our proving ground for using BIM to operate facilities. Version 7.1 was recently released and consumes any model data from Revit Architecture, AutoCAD Architecture or their companion MEP solutions.

We are actively developing the next release of the FMDesktop suite of products. That release will still be "Access-based."

We do recognize the limitations of the current Access platform. We are developing an additional FM offering which is based on a more scalable technology stack. The best concepts from FMDesktop are being carried forward in this new product. The new technology will enable us to take them farther and give facility managers more ways to leverage the Building Information Model.

The new product will include a migration path for FMDesktop data. So we encourage architects and building owners or tenants to start exploring BIM today with Revit and FMDesktop, knowing that a more scalable solution is coming and current investments in data, work flows, and training will be leveraged in the new product.

Mark Evans
Sr. Product Manager, FM Solutions
Autodesk

Mark Evans
Senior Product Manager
AEC Division, Simulation Product Line
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
rlholli

Could you share the general time-frame for the release of this new product?
Message 4 of 5
mark.evans

I'm sorry, but I am not able to make any comments about future release dates or time frames.

Mark Evans

Mark Evans
Senior Product Manager
AEC Division, Simulation Product Line
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
gschmidt34

Mark,

I appreciate the candid response. Thank you very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report