Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vs2013

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
SAlundra
1654 Views, 11 Replies

vs2013

Hi 🙂

just a message to say that I hope a vs2013 version of lib will be released soon 🙂

Thanks for the work you do

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
cyrille
in reply to: SAlundra

Hi

Support for VS2013 hasn’t been started yet. We do not expect to support it in the FBX 2014.x line, this will most likely come in a future release. However, you can still use the VS2013 IDE, setting the toolkit to the VS2012/VS2010 version. Doing this you can enjoy the VS2013 IDE new features and still use the compiler/linker from VS2012/VS2010 depending which one FBX requires.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: cyrille

Really ? That is very disappointing. That is a very long time to wait. Right now there is no longer any VS2012 express anymore since MS removed it. That means people using express will be forced to use VS2010 and for many people that is not even an option.
It would be proper to see a FBX2014.3 released with this specific fix in it to support VS2013.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

you can download VS 2012 Express here :

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34673

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have any ETA on when users should see an FBX 2014 SDK support Visual Studio 2013 ?

We have already moved our entire project to VS2013 now ? VS2012 is no longer an option for us.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

I would like to chime in as well... I personally find it highly annoying when a 3rd party closed source lib forces me to use an outdated compiler (specially when 2013 adds a bunch of C++11 features I think a lot of people were hoping to use). Granted this is mostly Microsoft's fault for making libs incompatible between VS versions so frequently. But still, one would expect/hope that you guys would prioritize adding new versions of VS to your build.

EDIT: With that said, a better temp workaround is to switch to the FBX DLL (FBXSDK_SHARED) which seems to work so far, although I only want to ship using the static lib so this only works for the near term.

Message 7 of 12
cyrille

Hi,

Support for VS2013 is something we are currently doing and should be part of our next beta.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Thank you.  Proper VS2013 support is an essential service of this SDK.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Is there any ETA on when this will be available for use to download ?

Message 10 of 12
BobbyAnguelov
in reply to: Anonymous

Yeh, I'm also waiting for this beta. Any ETA?

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: BobbyAnguelov

I got an email recently

FBX 2015.1 beta 1 is now available for download

Highlights of this release:

• Added support for Visual Studio 2013
  • In order to move forward on the MacOS and iOS platforms, we are dropping support for GCC for the FBX SDK in this release. This is mostly due to the fact that Apple dropped GCC support in XCode 5.0.
  • iOS minimum version is now 7.0
  • iOS build is a universal binary that now supports 3 architectures: armv7, armv7s and arm64
  • Added support for loading .abc (Alembic) files (not yet available in iOS and WinStore builds)
  • Added support for loading .zip files (useful for file formats that don’t support embedding)

Message 12 of 12
cyrille

Hi

The FBX 2015.1 beta1 which includes VS2013 support was posted few days ago on the beta boards -

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report