Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

animation issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cspowwwa
513 Views, 3 Replies

animation issues

Dear FBX users!

i've got a hard time understanding animations as a newbie. Before i posted this question i went through all the related topics i found. But i'm not sure i understand the concept of animations.

First of all: I've got an FBX containing a mesh, its bones with an animation. I would like to take the position of the control points at a determined point of the animations, and use them for further plans.

So far i understand:

I need to get the animation stack -> layers -> curves

If i got it, how i apply a point of the curve to the control points?

Another thing that i found, to get the skin of the mesh (FbxSkin) and collect the clusters. But I stucked here as well.

Please correct me if I wrote anything stupid and help me out in this really hard topic

Thanks, cspowwwa

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cspowwwa
in reply to: cspowwwa

Ok, so as i wrote it I figured out, that i can get the transformation matrices of the bones with the help of AnimationEvaluator. Next question: If i apply the bone transformation the control points gonna follow it? And how do i apply these bone transformations?

Message 3 of 4
gmxubuntu

If you want to know how the animation system in fbx sdk works,

you should read the code from the ViewScene Project from the fbx sdk.

When you Intsall the fbx sdk, you can find this project under the folder

samples. To be more exactly, what you want to know is in the DrawScene.cxx

file. Read that code carefully and in two or three days, you will know how to get

what you want. srry, if you were waiting for another kind of answer.

Message 4 of 4
cspowwwa

Thanks for your answer!

I am really trying to understand although it is kind of unfriendly. But i think i found the solution. There is a post with the subject "Am I missing something?" and as i can see there is a detailed answer for my question. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report