Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Node EvaluateGlobalTransform return QNAN

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
217 Views, 1 Reply

Node EvaluateGlobalTransform return QNAN

Hi,

I am trying to adapt the ViewScene example for a game

Everything is fine, until I reach the function GetGlobalPosition (in my implementation) and it returns QNAN as the Matrix values

The function is exactly tha same as in the SDK, I know is likely I have missed some configuration when setting up the import but I cant find what it is!!

In the sample, the value is returned by Node->EvaluateGlobalTransform call. That function is not documented, I also tried the Scene->GetEvaluator()->GetNodeGlobalTransform with exactly the same result

I am using the Dude.fbx XNA sample as the test model, in the ViewScene Demo it passes a NULL as the Pose to the GetGlobalPosition function, if I set a Pose in my implementation it return a completly different result than in the Demo, because it goes on a different code path

I have tried with and without a AnimationStack using SceneContext::SetCurrentAnimStack

Does anyone know what are the preconditions for Node->EvaluateGlobalTransform to work fine?

Thank you!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jiayang.xu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello JorgeM, as long as you import the fbx file successfully, then Node->EvaluateGlobalTransform should work, I don't think there are any pre-condition needed.

Could you attach the Dude.fbx you are using as .zip here for further investigation.
And post your implementation of GetGlobalPosition, but if it is exactly the same as in ViewScene, then you do not need to post, I will use ViewScene to test.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report