Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KFbxXRefManager

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
92 Views, 4 Replies

KFbxXRefManager

Does KFbxXRefManager (meaning, do external references work)? I know there were some previous discussions about a year ago stating that this class was still in progress. I'm wondering if it'll work now, but I'm guessing not as I don't see any examples that use KFbxXRefManager.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jiayang.xu
in reply to: Anonymous

Yep, It works now and we are using it to handle external reference files in Max and Maya plug-ins, but you are right, no public example is available at this moment.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

That's good to know! Could any one send me example code, or at least an example .fbx file?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

A total guess here, but is it just a matter of creating a property of type DTUrl or DTXRefUrl on an empty node? DTUrl references within the file, while DTXRefUrl references an external file, correct?
Message 5 of 5
jiayang.xu

Oh, hi, you can get the KFbxXRefManager from your KFbxSdkManager, use GetXRefManager(), then please refer to the KFbxXRefManager help page on FBX SDK programmer's guide for all available functions for url and projects management.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report