Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting scene coordinate system and other

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1791 Views, 6 Replies

Converting scene coordinate system and other

Extra info: When a friend imported humonoid.fbx into 3ds max 2009 he found many errors which I thought I should post:

The following parent and/or ancestor node(s) is/are not part of the BindPose definition.
-Humanoid:LeftHips_Dummy
-Humanoid:Reference
-Humanoid:LeftArm_Dummy
-Humanoid:LeftShoulder_Dummy
-Humanoid:Spine_Dummy
-Humanoid:RightShoulder_Dummy
-Humanoid:RightHips_Dummy
-Humanoid:RightArm_Dummy

The relative matrix of the following link(s) do not match the one stored in the BindPose definition.
-Humanoid:Head
-Humanoid:Neck
-Humanoid:Spine2
-Humanoid:Spine1
-Humanoid:Spine

The following object(s) use a rotation limit mode that is not supported by 3dsmax (UseLimitsForRotationSpaceOnly). The rotation limits for the following node(s) will be ignored :
-Humanoid:Spine_Dummy
-Humanoid:LeftShoulder_Dummy
-Humanoid:LeftArm_Dummy
-Humanoid:RightShoulder_Dummy
-Humanoid:RightArm_Dummy
-Humanoid:LeftHips_Dummy
-Humanoid:RightHips_Dummy

The object(s) listed below use a transformation inherit mode that is not supported by 3dsmax (ScaleCompensate). The resulting transformation will be severly affected.
-Humanoid:LeftArmRoll
-Humanoid:LeftArm
-Humanoid:LeftUpLeg
-Humanoid:LeftIndex2
-Humanoid:LeftMiddle2
-Humanoid:LeftPinky2
-Humanoid:LeftRing2
-Humanoid:LeftShoulder
-Humanoid:LeftThumb2
-Humanoid:LeftThumb3
-Humanoid:LeftThumb_End
-Humanoid:Hips

The Initial position (or Initial Pose) of the skinned objects is missing. The plug-in will create a pose automatically but running the 'Assume Skin Pose' command may create unexpected results.

Now onto the axis problem
The following code:
 KFbxAxisSystem SceneAxisSystem = scene->GetGlobalSettings().GetAxisSystem()
KFbxAxisSystem OurAxisSystem(KFbxAxisSystem::eOpenGL)
if( SceneAxisSystem != OurAxisSystem )
{
OurAxisSystem.ConvertScene(scene)
}

when applied to humonoid does not get hit as the axis coordinate system is already right handed, yet when imported it is said that the up axis is Z? What is confusing is that it displays correctly in the default pose.
When I use a different model which is saved as right handed with the up axis being Z the convert code is hit, yet when displayed the up axis is still Z? Does this function not work?
I have tried the latest sdk(2010.0.2) and 2009.3.

Thanks.

edit:
If I am honest I find your SDK to be very frustrating and would much prefer if you would release the format or allow reverse engineering of the format.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jiayang.xu
in reply to: Anonymous

As for the 3ds Max warnings on humanoid.fbx, they are normal cause humanoid.fbx do not possess a bindpose, but yes, we should update this fbx file. Thanks for reporting.

As for the Axis problem, the humanoid.fbx is created under Y-up axis system, so it is normal the code above won't be hit.
Please check the Statistics section when you import humanoid.fbx by Max plugin:
File Axis Direction: Y-up ( The file is created under Y-up axis system )
File Units: Centimeters
----
System Axis Direction: Z-up ( Currently Max is using Z-up axis system, a conversion will happen )
System Units: Centimeters

Similarly, when you create a file in Z-up system and then try to import it to a eOpenGL axis system, conversion will happen.
Message 3 of 7
mpowers10000

As for the 3ds Max warnings on humanoid.fbx, they are normal cause humanoid.fbx do not possess a bindpose, but yes, we should update this fbx file. Thanks for reporting.

2012 and still not fixed... ::sigh::
Message 4 of 7
jiayang.xu
in reply to: mpowers10000

Sorry we missed that, just send email to notify the team about this.
Thanks for spending time to help us improve details.
Message 5 of 7
KaibaSeto
in reply to: mpowers10000

Is the RHS->LHS fixed in 2013.1?
Message 6 of 7
RobertGoulet

Nope, we haven't spent time fixing the RHS to LHS in 2013.1, mainly because there is work-around for this. I built a DirectX renderer on top of the FBX SDK and I didn't need to do this trick. The only thing I had to do was to change the culling direction in the rasterizer settings of DX11.
Robert Goulet, FBX Dev Lead
Message 7 of 7
Numerator
in reply to: RobertGoulet

You can also multiply in a left handed conversion matrix.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report