Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shortname of .liw being lost in FBX export?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
881 Views, 3 Replies

shortname of .liw being lost in FBX export?

Hi there,
I'm a newbie poster that thought you should about an issue I encountered the other day, using the latest FBX importer/exporter in Maya 2012 (hotfix 2 x64).
Basically when I export a skinned character model from Maya to FBX and then import it back into Maya I can't use maya's paint skin weights tool on it. It comes up with an error saying it can't find the .liw attribute in the character's bones. This error occurs because the skinClusterInflMenu.mel script uses the short name for the attribute, while it appears the process of exporting to FBX removes the shortname of the lockInfluenceWeights attribute, leaving only an attribute called .lockInfluenceWeights and not .liw.
I just adjusted the skinClusterInflMenu.mel script to use the long name too and the paint skin weight tool works again.
I just thought you should know.
or am I missing setting an option in the FBX exporter/importer?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Mike!

Thank you for the information. We are aware of that particular issue and it has been dealt with. The fix will be available in upcoming versions of the plug-in. As soon as it is released, I will post more information.

If you find anything else, don't hesitate to let us know.

Regards,
Carlos
Message 3 of 4
MJohnson76
in reply to: Anonymous

Has this been resolved yet?
Running Maya 2011(32 & 64 bit) at work and came across this. Same thing. Imported from an FBX.
Thanks.

Matt -
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: MJohnson76

Hi mttjss,

Yes, the fix was introduced in 2013.0, if you go to the FBX plug-in download page, you can get version 2013.1.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=10775855

Regards,
Carlos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report