Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

absolute rotation angles from curves

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
192 Views, 1 Reply

absolute rotation angles from curves

Hi,
I am trying to extract angles from the animated fbx curves to use in my own animation system.
But i've run into a few issues with seemingly wrong angles. For example i have a test animation which does some turning over the 3 axis but when i import it all the rotations seem to be changed such as all the rotations are rotated by 180° over the up axis, one rotation is going downward instead of the intended upwards. I now assume the angles in the fbx curves are not to be taken literal but i have yet to find how to use these angles to reconstruct a correct animation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jan
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello aerlfredith,

What software (Maya, Max, etc.) are you using? I am asking because depending on your workflow, you may be running into trouble with the up axis. Also, let us know which version of the FBX plug-in your are using as well.

Lastly, when you say "my own animation system", what exactly do you mean? Does "system" mean a custom rig? Or, are you using your own software package (i.e. game engine)?

A few more details would be great, then we can start working on your problem.

Cheers,
Carlos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report