Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Camera (cameraswitcher)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
GhoulFool
201 Views, 2 Replies

Missing Camera (cameraswitcher)

I'm currently importing an fbx from MotionBuilder to Max 2008 (via fbx 2006 - the latest compatible version). I don't have access to Motion Builder as I am only converting the data I am given. All things in the scene seem to be fine. However...the camera is not present at all. I've looked at the scene via the fbx viewer and both the source file and the converted fbx are fine. I've doubled checked to see the fbx import camera options are checked (and they are) but still no camera from this scene into Max. I suspect the problem is caused by cameraswitcher. Are there any other options that I need to check or change? Using FBX convertor 2012.2

Thank you.
Stuck in a timewarp with 3ds Max 2008
WinXP x32 (SP3)
i7 CPU, 950 @ 3.07GHz, 3.5Gb Ram, DX 9.0c
AMD Radeon HD 5500, Display Driver ver. 9.00.100
Coffee: Almost empty

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
GhoulFool
in reply to: GhoulFool

No takers? *sigh* Anywhere here's the file with a cube and a camera (as seen with FVX viewer). However I can't seem to import the camera into Max 2008 I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problems. Cheers

cameracubeonly.zip

Stuck in a timewarp with 3ds Max 2008
WinXP x32 (SP3)
i7 CPU, 950 @ 3.07GHz, 3.5Gb Ram, DX 9.0c
AMD Radeon HD 5500, Display Driver ver. 9.00.100
Coffee: Almost empty

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: GhoulFool

hello Ghoul,

FBX will only support camera switchers that go from Motionbuilder to Motionbuilder. I invite you to check out the following link. It's an interoperability table that will let you know what you can and cannot export from Motionbuilder.

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/motionbuilder_fbx_map.pdf

Cheers!
Carlos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report