Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya camera film offset

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2520 Views, 5 Replies

Maya camera film offset

Hi,

We are doing a stereoscopic project inside maya, but our fx department doing all the fx in max.
Our stereoscopic department have made the camera with the shift in film offset in x axis.
They used camera film offset under camera attribute rollout.
But when we import it to max, they dont align properly, why? Is the camera film offset function not supported or is there any way around.

Thankyou

Sachin
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Numerator
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you making sure the units are the same?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

yes the units are same,

the problem is that the right camera have the film offset value of -4, which max dont recognize. but the left camera dont have any offset value. i.e they are set to 0,0 in each axis. so no problem for left camera. but right camera dont match up.
Message 4 of 6
trevor.adams

Hi,

You're right: Maya's Film Offset values are not exported to FBX and therefore are not importing into 3ds Max. I've attached a spreadsheet we use internally as reference for Camera interop between Maya and FBX, along with the importing into other applications like 3ds Max.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks.

camerainterop.zip

Trevor Adams

Maya Design Team Manager, Mudbox Designer, Maya Modeling Designer

Twitter | LinkedIn
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Hi,

same issue i am also facing, for importing a stereo camera from maya to max , it's giving film offset error warning.. please tell me the solution....

We are doing a stereoscopic project inside maya, but our fx department doing all the fx in max.
Our stereoscopic department have made the camera with the shift in film offset in x axis.
They used camera film offset under camera attribute rollout.
But when we import it to max, they dont align properly, why? Is the camera film offset function not supported or is there any way around.

Thankyou
rupesh patil
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hello rupshvpatil!

Unfortunately, there isn't anything we can do since it is a limitation of the plug-in. Perhaps this limitation will be addressed in a future release, but for now there are no immediate plans to fix it.

Perhaps there is a way to correct the offset with a script at the time of import. Once you find the proper values in Max, you could may be able to extrapolate them for any future imports. I cannot say that this is a solution, it is only a suggestion.

Best of luck,
Carlos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report