Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having troubles exporting the animation into FBX for Unity.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
moajr1986
4390 Views, 2 Replies

Having troubles exporting the animation into FBX for Unity.

I was trying to export the animation into FBX file(FBX Plugin 2011) in Maya 2011. I keep receiving warning messages:

Warning: Skin Definition (2): The plug-in has found the following skin definition problems :
Unable to find the bind pose for : / I_MASTER / I_ROOT. Use the DAG node current
transform.
Unable to find the bind pose for : / I_MASTER. Use the DAG node current transform.

When I import the fbx file which I just export it as, the mesh and the joints were acting strange. I'll update the attachment of the playblast video.

I was wondering where do I go to use the DAG node current transform to avoid that message.

fbx_file_error.mov

Michael Ayers Jr
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hello Blue@controller,

The first thing you can try is to update your plug-in. If you go to the following link you can update to 2013.3 for Maya 2011.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=10775855#

Usually those warnings are not something that should break your rig, but have you tried to create a new bind pose for your character? As well, what happens if you export your character and then re-import it into Maya. If the import into Maya is succesful, then the plug-in is working correctly (even if there is a warning). The fact that it won't import into Unity is a problem with the importer the Unity uses, which is something that Autodesk does not support. I suggest you find a forum where the Unity developers can offer some assistance because these particular forums only address problems concerning the Max and Maya plug-ins and the way the work with Autodesk products.

Like I mentioned though, update your plug-in to 2013.3 first, and do the export - import test. If you import the file back into Maya and there is still a problem, write back here and if possible, attach the rig, I will get on it.

Regards,
Carlos
Message 3 of 3
fahid.al-khatib
in reply to: moajr1986

I'm having kind of similar problem, please if you find the solution let me know, I also have a forum post with my problem and scene file.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/FBX-Plug-ins-Import-Export/FBX-exported-file-has-no-animation/td-p/444...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report