Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBX 2009.1 converter problems...

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
179 Views, 0 Replies

FBX 2009.1 converter problems...

Hey everyone. I'm running into what I think is a bug in the FBX converter & Revit's FBX output.

When I export an FBX file from Revit and try to convert to any other format with the Windows-based FBX converter tool, all I get is an error 'Unknown Exit Code'.

When I export an FBX file from Revit and try to convert it to .OBJ format with the OS X-based FBX converter tool, I get a model, but it's incomplete, missing large chunks of my building. The building I'm using is a small house too, so there isn't a lot there to convert.

When I export an FBX file from Revit and try to convert it to any other format than OBJ with the OS-X based FBX converter tool, all I get is an empty file that's zero bits and doesn't open.

If I export an FBX file, and bring it into my friend's copy of Max 2009, it works (other than some minor issues).

So is the Converter tool just bunk when it comes to Revit files? If so that would be a bummer, for I'm trying to get a workflow to convert my Revit models into other formats without having to pull them in Max first.

Thanks!
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report