Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Maya IK Driven Animation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
653 Views, 4 Replies

Export Maya IK Driven Animation

Hi Everyone,
On Maya, I have an animation with multiple layers. This animation have been previously generated by MotionBuilder and I use the function Send To Maya to import it on Maya.
Since this a IK driven Animation and I need to have keys on all my bones I must bake the animation but when I use "Bake Simulation" it also combined all the layers but I don't want this to happen.
So my question is : If I don't bake the animation and export with FBX SDK will I be able to get all my nodes keys ?
Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

hello nasboy3d,

Yes, if you don't bake the animation, you can access your layers and the animation in them through the SDK. When it comes to animation layers, the FBX plug-in is able to export animation layers with no problem between Maya and MotionBuilder without baking. Actually, it was specifically designed to do that.

Cheers,
Carlos
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks you CarlosC for the reply,

Yes, if you don’t bake the animation, you can access your layers and the animation in them through the SDK

Yes I can get the anim layers but there are no FbxAnimCurve associated with the animated nodes.
So how can I get that ?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

No idea else about how to resolve my problem ??
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hi again nasboy3d,

Can you please send us an example file of the problem you are having? It doesn't have to be your original scene file, just an FBX file saved in ASCII with an example of the animation you are trying to extract.

When we get the file, we'll take a look and hopefully find a solution for you.

Cheers,
Carlos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report