Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 FBX - Revit interoperability into Max - no normals

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bthatcher
1482 Views, 1 Reply

2014 FBX - Revit interoperability into Max - no normals

I don't know where to start. My workflow of linking a revit model into 3ds max and exporting it as an FBX is gone! In 2013 when I linked it per category, I would get a file organized per category that I could work with in a 3rd party program with textures and lightmaps (Autodesk Beast lightmaping at that). 

In 2014 I get an unrecognizable mess. Each category has dozens of elements named with the Revit view type and element ID that don't contain any geometry. And the models dont have any normals. Let me repeat that. The models don't have any normals. 

Yesterday I could do my job, today I can't. My livelihood depends on my ability to create with that established workflow. Do I just tell my employers and our clients, nope, sorry, autodesk changed something and now it dozens work any more. And I'm worried that this isn't going to be a priority, Maya is having 2014 FBX normal problems also. 

Unbelievable!!! (and add Autodesk and Revit to your spell checker for god sakes)

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
bthatcher
in reply to: bthatcher

Whoa, Whoa Whoa..... i backed away from the edge. I found an update that spicifically address that problem. But how does that happen? I would love to see a flow chart of the thought process that got it to that point. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report