Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overseas Fusion 360 use

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
KenExtra330sc
606 Views, 6 Replies

Overseas Fusion 360 use

How will I be able to use Fusion 360 cloud with clients overseas when no Internet or WIFI is available?? As a consultant traveling the world there are many locations that have no WIFI or Internet capability. My W520 laptop is all I have, and Fusion 2013 has served me well for client design meetings, and concept model reviews, and design discussions without the need for internet or WIFI.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
philip.s
in reply to: KenExtra330sc

Welcome to the Fusion 360 community Kenneth and thanks for the feedback!

I can assure you that we definitely see the value in an offline mode and are in the process of figuring out the relevant details / development. In the mean time and as a workaround, Fusion 360 does allow one to export their project in a variety of popular file formats including IGES, SAT, SMT, STEP, STL, TPF, and XML, that could potentially be opened on a different non-hosted application or free viewer, if internet access is not available.

EXPORT.png

Message 3 of 7
KenExtra330sc
in reply to: philip.s

+The value offline overseas is the funtionality of Fusion 360 software; actualy running and using it. File exchange capability is nice but not the primary need!!

Message 4 of 7
philip.s

Understandable and thanks again for the great feedback!

Message 5 of 7
KenExtra330sc

Another example, overseas now in South America region. Client work stations are 32bit only and I canot use my laptop here. Their workstations only 😞 Fusion 360 will not work on 32bit OS systems. FYI

Message 6 of 7
philip.s

Hey Ken,

Did you see this post from earlier today detailing an offline mode survey? We're looking to formally gather and consolidate feedback that will essentially be driving this decision.

Message 7 of 7
KenExtra330sc

Thanks 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report