Ecotect

sixtydegree
Message 1 of 3 (541 Views)

import problem

541 Views, 2 Replies
06-19-2013 02:36 AM

I am trying to import a dxf format file to ecotect. it is a 2d drawing with simple lines. when i imported this file to ecotect, it said "Error: Selected model file does not match the selected data format or is corrupt."

why does it say that when the file formate is correct as far as i can tell. its not even a complex drawing ... it clearly has fewer than few lines. that is all. What could be the problem. I am new to ecotect although I have done tons of work when I imported the last drawing. No such problem was encountered. Now I dont know what to do and I can not move forward because I can not even import the file. Please can anybody help me out??

sburke
Message 2 of 3 (531 Views)

Re: import problem

06-19-2013 06:52 PM in reply to: sixtydegree
I think you need to ensure the DXF format is v2000 or older. Are you creating the DXF from an Autodesk application?
sixtydegree
Message 3 of 3 (509 Views)

Re: import problem

06-23-2013 02:19 AM in reply to: sixtydegree

the .dxf file that i tried to import is of 2007 version ... I tried by converting the file from 2007 to 2004 version as well.. the ecotect that i am using is of 2011 ... so what could have been the problem?? please help

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Ask the Community