Ecotect

Contributor
Lars_Nielsen
Message 1 of 3 (2,827 Views)

export from Rhino to Ecotect

2827 Views, 2 Replies
10-28-2009 08:03 AM
Fast question:

i am having trouble exporting my Rhino model to Ecotect. Anybody know how that is possible?

/niels
Contributor
kafka82
Message 2 of 3 (2,827 Views)

Re: export from Rhino to Ecotect

11-01-2009 08:58 AM in reply to: Lars_Nielsen
What kind of troubles are you having?

If ur exporting surfaces and solid export them as .3ds and make sure that in your export settings faces and solid are exported as meshes!
Contributor
Lars_Nielsen
Message 3 of 3 (2,827 Views)

Re: export from Rhino to Ecotect

11-02-2009 03:04 AM in reply to: Lars_Nielsen
Hi

I think I have solved most of the problems now. I was having trouble with making daylight calculations inside the room after importing the geometry as a 3ds. from Rhino. Some of the problem was that the surfaces not where facing the right direction in Ecotect after importing.

Then there was also a scaling problems because Rhino and Ecotect not where using the same measurement but that is also solved now.

But will also try what you are saying about the different in surfaces and solids.

Cheers
Lars

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Ask the Community