Did you mean: 

Using SBEM and SAP calculations in Ecotect

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Alvarez77
937 Views, 1 Reply

Using SBEM and SAP calculations in Ecotect

Hi
I am trying to test the SBEM and SAP calculation in Ecotect, but both engines seam to not perform well.
Modelling a non domestic building (using SBEM calculation) I get several Errors, but unfortunately *.log files are blank. So i cannot determine where errors are.
Vice versa when i model a residential building (SAP calculation) i get the "SAPspreadsheet" without any numeric value. It seams that even the geometry build in Ecotect is not considered at all. I have to imput again manually all the information (tha benefits of creating a geometry in ecotect are null).
Am i doing something wrong setting up the process or these two calculations are not still operative in Ecotect?

I would appreciate any suggestion on this topic.
Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Alvarez77

I'm having a problem with SBEM too, but I have got further than you!!  What I suggest for you is to check that you have write permissions for wherever SBEM is installed.  If it's in Program Files, then the default is that you don't have permission to write to there, and therefore it'll get stuck as soon as the program instructs the file to write.

Solution: install SBEM directly in C:\SBEM\ or some other location where you will have write permissions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report