Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
449 Views, 1 Reply

UK Part L Wizard

Hi,

I have been using Ecotect at university to run a Part L compliance on my model, to see if I have met the requirements for U-values.

However, when I try to do that same thing on the ecotect I have just downloaded at home (from the autodesk student website), I am having problems with it.

When I tried to run the calculation the first time, the software told me i needed to download this file, iSBEM_v3.3.b, from the NCM website, which I did. I then tried to complete the calculation wizard, but in doing this I get an error. It says that SBEM has encountered and error and has had to terminate prematurely.

Could this be because it is a different version of Ecotect, or is it because I am missing some files that need to be downloaded to make this function work?

What makes me think it's a different version is that the wizard looks different to the one I'm used to using, and also the menu option is different. On the one that I have downloaded, under the building regulations on the calculate menu, I can click on UK - Conservation of Fuel and Power. Whereas on the version I was using at university, I'm sure it said UK Part L compliance instead. I could be wrong in this, but I'm sure I'm remembering correctly.

I hope I have explained this clear enough. If anywone can tell me how to correct this error so that I can get an output, I would be very grateful. I have attached an image of the error that appears on the screen.

Thankyou
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello fellow Leeds student,

I know this is probably too late for you, but it might be helpful for someone else:

Look at the error log for the proposed design files, this will list the errors in the input data that means that SBEM can't run it.  For each error, go back to your input data, find the relevant input, and make sure it is input correctly.

However, there is a bug here.  With some of the input values, Ecotect adds in quotation marks.  This breaks the process since SBEM reads "Not related to the owner" differently to Not related to the owner.  There seems to be no way of stopping Ecotect adding in these quotation marks, and as a result, I'm unable to do my Part L calculation!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report