Ecotect

jteasterling
Message 1 of 1 (360 Views)

Solar Access Analysis and Reflections

360 Views, 0 Replies
11-03-2008 08:58 AM
I am relatively new to Ecotect and I am trying to simulate a building with a large solar reflector on it's Southern side (in the Norther Hemisphere). I am interested in the PEAK VALUES for INCIDENT SOLAR RADIATION on the internal ceiling of the zone with the solar reflector. When I do the solar access analysis the results I get do not seem correct. They look more like the results I would get with no solar reflector. I have tagged the necessary components as reflectors and when I use the "show solar rays" function the vectors bounce correctly onto this internal ceiling.

Does Ecotect have the capability to deal with this sort of problem? Am I missing something in the analysis.

Thanks,

John

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Ask the Community