Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shadows and thermal analysis

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ma.delrio10
477 Views, 1 Reply

Shadows and thermal analysis

I would like to know if there is a relation to the tagged shadows and reflections and thermal analysis. 

Do I need to assign shadows and reflections in order to get an accurate temperature? 

I ask this because I am encountering a problem with the results. Actually I am generating three different prototypes (different files) with passive design strategies (orientation, overhang, trees, etc), however I have the same results in temperatures. I have already changed the setting in zone management and generating 4 different scenarios (no ventilation, full ventilation, day ventilation and night ventilation). Getting different temperatures between them but same temperature between prototypes. E.g. same temperature for "no ventilation" in prototype 1, 2 and 3. Does Ecotect really reads my model and orientation or all is based in how I modify zone management?

I would be so thankful for a prompt reply. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Pennetier1
in reply to: ma.delrio10

Hello ma.delrio10, 

Sorry for the late reply, I have just seen your post, trying to identify users with on-going issues.

No, tagging shadows/reflector would not impact your thermal analyses, it must be something else.

Are the temperatures similar for all the hours of all the days of the year?  If so there is definately something odd.

If you are still interested, you can send me a couple of your prototype files and I can have a quick look at it to see if there isn't anything obvious that we can solve quickly.

Cheers,

Olivier A. PENNETIER

SYMPHYSIS

www.symphysis.net

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums