cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
pyej
417 Views, 1 Reply

Revit to ecotect

I am new to Revit and Ecotect and I am trying to analyze an existing building in ecotect that was modelled by someone else in revit. I'm importing the bulding into ecotect as a gbxml file. My problem is that I'm only interested in the analysis of a single floor of the building and was wondering if it is possible to somehow seclude this floor either in revit or ecotect without having to remodel/delete the parts that i don't need. I'm also trying to use this in green building studio as well. Any comments of the best way about doing this would be appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SeanBurke
in reply to: pyej

From Revit... sort of. gbXML out from Revit will export the entire model, and the selected phase. Potentially, you could alter the phase of the items you want to export, but it would be very messy.

Within Ecotect, you can switch to a front or side view, and hide the zones that you do not wish to work with.
- Press F6, or F7 to view the model from the front or side
- Select the zones and items you wish to hide or isolate
- RIght click and choose Zone > Isolate Selected Zone(s), or Hide Selected Zone(s)

Your best bet for some activities is to simplify the model by representing only what is relevant to the task at hand. You can do this with DXF export within Revit of the plan view of the floor you wish to analyze and purpose build what you need to look at in Ecotect, tracing over the exported vectors to create your zones, shading devices (if any) and glazing. Bear in mind, this may not even need to be the entire floor, depending on what questions you need answered about the design. This will also have the advantage of clean and fast results for processing various analyses.

--
Sean D Burke, Assoc AIA, LEED AP
sdb consulting
BIM, CAD and Sustainable solutions training and implementation
Read my blog -> Paradigm shift

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report