Ecotect

Message 1 of 3 (333 Views)

Revit to Ecotect

333 Views, 2 Replies
11-03-2013 02:22 AM

Hello everybody,

I am using Revit to model and Ecotect to analyse, however I searched a lot but I could not find any answers or comments about the problem I have.

After I model the topography and the buildings around my site, I exported them as a .DXF file to make sun and shadow overview.

The problem is that when I export it into Ecotect, there are too many lines from the topography and the buildings, does anyone knows how I can simplify these lines to show or make the visualization more clear? - If you find it hard to understand what I mean, you can check the attachment.

Best regards

jens
Message 2 of 3 (304 Views)

Re: Revit to Ecotect

11-05-2013 12:28 AM in reply to: 1013225

Hi,

You can try to set the 'Surface Display' to 'Zone Colour' and the 'Outline Display' to 'Material Colour' and adjust those colours accordingly. (The zone colour and material colour for the topo shoud be matching). See attached screenshot.

Best

Jens

Message 3 of 3 (282 Views)

Re: Revit to Ecotect

11-06-2013 07:41 AM in reply to: jens

Hi Jens,

I already tried the options that you recommended.

What I actually need is only keeping outside boundries (the box/building lines).

Whenever I change the options, either I loose all of the lines or I have all of the lines.

If you have any further ideas, I would like to hear that! - I really want to solve this!

Best,
Hasan

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Ask the Community