Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radiance and ecotect grid analysis

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
570 Views, 2 Replies

Radiance and ecotect grid analysis

I am trying to analyse daylight levels in an atrium and adjacent spaces. I have modelled the building in Ecotect with 1300 high windows from the spaces adjacent to the atrium looking in to the atrium. I have exported the model to radiance, asking for grid analysis. When i display the results on the analysis grid in Ecotect, it looks like their is no daylight passing through the windows? Does anyone know why? And it looks like quite high levels around the edge of the building - which seems strange.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
yunpeng
in reply to: Anonymous

1. light has passed over your windows. Because it is the diffuse light, so it's effect is not very obvious, another reason is that your grid is too loose.
2. Because the extension your analysis grid is overlap with building, edge points are in exterior space, so the level is very high.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for your response.

I am assuming the recommendation for this would be to have a tighter grid and to maybe offset the grid more inside the building.

Also, would you think the grid showing daylight around the corners of the spaces, where there are no windows is also linked to the grid extending to the edge of the building, so it is reading some external levels?

Thanks again
Lauren Edited by: 28lauren on May 3, 2009 10:49 AM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report