Ecotect Analysis Forum (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radiance Version4.0 - Able to be run on Window's 7 Machine?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1295 Views, 3 Replies

Radiance Version4.0 - Able to be run on Window's 7 Machine?

I am curious about running radiance and ecotect together on a windows machine. As far as I can tell there is only a radiance package that one can use with Autocad on a windows machine, but not with Ecotect?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Radiance is a standalone application downloaded from Berkley Labs which you set up in the root folder of your windows OS drive. You need to point Ecotect to the Radiance application from within Ecotect's preferences. Radiance will then be available as an export option from the 'export palette' within Ecotect.

............Ade................

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for the help. I have a set of files under the name rad4R0all in my local C: directory. Under the user preferences Ecotect is pointed towards this file location. However, when I export out of ecotect to an external analysis/model option, and then select .RAD as my output, there is an error concerning locating a  RAD.EXE file? Specifically, when I export the Radiance Control Panel will pop up, but if I try any commands, etc... it will say there is an error and that it could not find "RAD.EXE" file. 

Message 4 of 4
FabianPosadas

Hi Simon

You basically need to locate the rad.exe file for Ecotect to run Radiance. If your Radiance is properly installed the rad.exe should be located in the follwoing directory

c:\Radiance\Bin\rad.exe

best of luck

Fabian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report