Did you mean: 

Problem with setting surface reflectance values (%) in Ecotect

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
iguana_M
772 Views, 1 Reply

Problem with setting surface reflectance values (%) in Ecotect

Dear All,

I have been having this problem for some time now. A year or more actually, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

The issue concerns nearly all the 3D models I have been importing. I try and set reflectance properties for different materials, and it all starts out ok, but at some point, changing one surface (for example the walls), causes other surfaces (roofs maybe, or floors) to change to the same colour as well (in the Visualise tab). 

The material property is still correct, but it displays wrongly. I have understood that it is the interaction between surfaces that causes this, as I often have to start deleting floors, for example,and redraw them, and eventually it usually goes away. I understand that if you draw a room, from scratch, the floor is somehow 'the root' of the rest, but this shouldn't be the case in models that I have imported. Shouldn't all surfaces just be free of one-another (ie-unlinked).

I for example import the a 3ds model of a school, and want to set reflectances to 20-50-70% (floors, walls, roof respectively), and I can end up wasting time deleting what is there already, and redrawing! It is hugely frustrating.

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ale100278
in reply to: iguana_M

Hi I must say I have never expirenced the same.. But I have very good results working with Revit and poject varsarie for for Ecotect. When you have the model imported use the select by element type and set the correct suface material. Remember that when you are calculating in Ecotect to really use the correct type.. Not only changíng the materiel. I hope this can help you..

Asbjørn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report