Ecotect

stormy013
Message 1 of 2 (142 Views)

Potential energy savings - infiltration problem

142 Views, 1 Replies
12-13-2013 11:47 PM

Hi,

I started using Green Building Studio with Revit one month ago and I am now trying to lower the energy use intensity of a residential building thanks to the potential energy savings tool.

I managed to improve the wall and roof insulation but meanwhile the losses due to infiltration kept on increasing (150%) and I cannot find a way to decrease them. I have tried to add air barriers and interior gypsum boards to better seal the building but it didn't seem to change anything. Does anybody has a clue about how to lower the infiltration losses?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Camille

Employee
Message 2 of 2 (92 Views)

Re: Potential energy savings - infiltration problem

01-06-2014 12:55 PM in reply to: stormy013

See the Green Building Studio help pages for details on how to interpret the PES chart.

The size of the bar to the left of the centerline is the potential losses percentage. Losses of 150% due to infiltration merely indicates that this is potentially how much energy your project could lose if it's infiltration is very loose, due to poor construction. For the PES runs this value is set at 3.5 ACH for the low-end. The most energy efficient setting used for the PES run is 0.17 ACH. See GBS Run List page--the names of each PES run indicate the setting for that run.

Currently the constructions in your Revit model do not change the infiltration assumptions used for the energy analysis. You can manually change this setting by editing the gbXML file and upload the edited file directly to GBS.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
Product Manager
Green Building Studio
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Ask the Community