Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Transfer

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
jokeefe
1858 Views, 11 Replies

License Transfer

I’ve wasted more than an hour trying address a problem that your FAQ says is easy to solve. My computer crashed and I can’t transfer the license. All the directions on the web site don’t work or lead to dead ends. Please give me a number of a real person that I can talk to who can solve the problem.

This is a simple problem. It’s absolutely ridiculous that it is so difficult to solve!!!

John O’Keefe
Aercoustics Engineering Limited
Toronto, Canada
416-249-3361
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
drajmarsh
in reply to: jokeefe

Hi John,

Based on the information you included, I was able to find your details and reset your license. I also had the system resend all your activation details and download links just in case you need them.

Hope that helps...

Kind regards,
Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew Marsh
Principal Software Engineer
AEC-Simulation
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 12
jokeefe

It worked!

Thanks for your very prompt reply.

Sorry for the snarly attitude.

John O'Keefe
Message 4 of 12
g_escalante

Dear Andrew,

Nice to find you here solving problems as you did in the old square one forum. May be I'm not the only one that find the migration between the ECOTECT square one late site and the new Autodesk Ecotect Analysis and Discussion forum, a bit dissapointing. But that's the way it is, and I'm sure it has been done the best possible way.

One of the issues more dissapointing in the migration it's the continuos dead link issues of the old forum. And the other is the problem with the old licensing system. I also do have the same problem that jokeefe suffered: a dead hard disk and the impossibility of transfering my ecotect 5.5 license for a new install. As I searched this forum I found a lot of other similar issues, most of them unresolved.

Is there another way of solving this common problem instead of contacting you, and personally reset the activation code? May be a tutorial or a FAQ on the issue would be welcome (none of the old forum links resolved it). May I suggest a forum thread or a dedicated email acount to reset activation codes for previous customers?

Hope you still read this thread. Thank you in advance for your comments.

Gonzalo Lopez Escalante
Spain
Message 5 of 12
singh09

Hi Andrew,

My firm had purchased Ecotect in Dec 2007 from sqaure one site. We have been trying to re-activate it after the machine on which it was installed crashed but in vain.
I had logged this as a high priority issue in February on our ecotect account online, but after one response for asking about our license details the support person disappeared.
I kept the issue open and posted on it again and still no contact from any support person. I opened a high priority issue on my account again on July 22nd but it has not been responded to yet.
We are in urgent need to using Ecotect for one of our major projects but cant seem to do so until you don't provide us with update license activation information.
The license was bought by my firm in Dec 2007. I dont feel safe to provide the license details here.

It was bought from the following email id if it helps chris@greenengineer.com. And the Ecotect account is GreenEngineer for your reference.

Can you please look into the problem and help us out. There is no other way I can reach the support desk for Ecotect. I also tried emailing the support desk on the id's provided on this thread and marking it to your attention but have not received any response yet. I have wasted ample number of hours in trying to fix the problem, even contacting the vendor from which we bought the software in December 2007.

I will really appreciate if you could look into the problem asap. As I see from this thread, you are pretty quick in helping out people with license activation. Hoping for a quick response

Thanks
Neetu

Contact id: neetu@greenengineer.com
or chris@greenengineer.com Edited by: singh09 on Jul 29, 2009 5:49 PM
Message 6 of 12
drajmarsh

Hi Chris,

Looks like your vendor didn’t actually register it using your name and email. Took a while to track down but I’ve sorted it out and sent you our standard account details email.

Kind regards,
Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew Marsh
Principal Software Engineer
AEC-Simulation
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 12
afranceschet
in reply to: drajmarsh

My company purchased Ecotect around 2002, I still have in my computer the 5.5 version but now need to transfer it.
I don't have anymore the proof of purchase and the e.mail used at that time but I still have the registration code based on the Desktop Serial Number used to install the software the first time.

Thank you,
Alberto Franceschet
Senior Engineer
Permasteelisa

Message 8 of 12
jasonmilne
in reply to: afranceschet

Hi Dr Marsh,

I am also having issues trying to retrieve our licence details and allowing us to activate 1 of our 3 licences on a new machine.

We have all 3 licences in use, but 1 was on a hard drive that died and we havent been able to activate Ecotect 5.6 on the new machine - as it still tells us that all 3 licences are used.

We purchased the software through SQU1, and now knowing we are able to edit the licence details on a website, makes it easier.

I have managed to find the login details for the person that set up the original account with SQU1 from our company - but after logging in, I find no record of purchases.

This user left our company over 3 years ago - but we purchased the current licences in 2008.  The person who purchased them got SQU1 to change the email address for the proof of purchase, but as this is not an account as such on the site - we cannot get a record of the most recent purchases - in order to edit 1 licence to allow it to be reinstalled on the new machine.

the original admin login was    danatgia  (dan.fitzpatrick@gia.uk.com)

The activation details for the 3 most recent purchases in June 2008 are as follows:

------------------------------------------------------------

Product Details: ECOTECT v5, 3 x Commercial Licences

Email Address: simone.pagani@gia.uk.com

Proof of Purchase: 80850305-01

Product Details: Weather Tool v2, 3 x Commercial Licences

Proof of Purchase: 80850305-02

Product Details: Solar Tool v2, 3 x Commercial Licences

Proof of Purchase: 80850305-03

Are you able to help me out in regards to freeing up one of the licences to be re-used and also how we can go about it next time.

My contact details are as follows:

email:  jason.milne@gia.uk.com

DDI:  +44 (0)20 7202 1449

Kind Regards

Jason Milne

Message 9 of 12
pd_smith

I am also having troubles with licenses - I tried the http://ecotect.com/v5-licence-management site but this did not work...

I have a license that is on an old computer that does not work anymore

Proof of Purchase: 1700-1106634367-1

Email: as@swiftdsl.com.au

How do I transfer to new computer.

Thanks

(my new email is pd_smith@ymail.com)

Message 10 of 12
meschenmoser

Hi

my company bought ecotect software in 2007 and due to a computer crash I need to reinstall this software on my new computer.

I 've tried for 2 month to get an activation email from the ecotect.com website, it says that an email has succesfuly been sent but I never get any email.

here are my details :

email: leu.reunion@wanadoo.fr

proof of purchase number: 84879865-01

password: VB1IUX

What to do ? I see on this forum that many people have the same problem and some seems to be able to resolve it.

Thank you

Waiting for your answer

Regards

Jocelyn Meschenmoser - LEU Réunion

Message 11 of 12
m.mcconnell1986

Hi there hoping someone can help me out,

We purchased a ecotect site licence about 6 years ago,

but in the last month or so the servers that our licence was authenticating against have been taken offline,

i understand that this may be because Autodesk has taken over from square one and the way the licencing works may have changed.

the original account was set up using  pretlove@kingston.ac.uk

we are running ecotect v5.50

any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated as like a few people here i have spent many hours trying to solve this problem.

many thanks 

Matthew

Message 12 of 12
Atyeo
in reply to: m.mcconnell1986

Hi,

I am having exactly the same issue as m.mcconnell1986. 

The network license manager on the server says the following regarding the license status...

ERROR: Local network license service has been unable to validate against a Square One Activation Server for more than 24 hours.

The email address our version is registered with is tomn (at) xco2energy.com.

I went to the squ1.com website but it seems to be down at the moment. Is this the issue?

To anyone else having this issue, you can use the most recent version of Ecotect with a 30 day free trial. You can save files with this version.

Could someone at Autodesk please sort this out as this is the second time in the last few months that we've had issues with our server license.

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report