Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Manager

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
430 Views, 3 Replies

License Manager

Assuming this forum is for Ecotect Analysis 2010, if not sorry.

Downloaded / installed Ecotect Analysis 2010 thru the Autodesk Assistance Program which routes thru the Student / Education website area. Apparently, it only registers or activates thru License Manager (not a standalone version) and the License Mgr is not part of the download process.

So... Ecotect Analysis 2010 is offered thru the Assistance Program but cannot be activated?

Tom
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DANBUERMAN4072
in reply to: Anonymous

I too have attempted to download the Ecotect Analysis 2010 thru the Autodesk Assistance Program, but keep getting an "External Exception E06D7363" error message when trying to activate the program. The program runs after closing out of the error message dialogue, but it's the 30 day trial period version instead of the 13 Month Student version it was meant to be.

I'll watch to see whether you get a reply with some help.

Thanks in advance,

Dan
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Dan,

I found out that Ecotect 2010 that was first posted to the Assistance Program required License Manager which was not part of the download. Check the program software downloads and you'll see that they pulled 2010 and substituted 2009. I told Adsk that although the program is terrific, that I had no interest in learning "old software". My interest lies in Revit and seeing how the Revit 2009 and 2010 model interacts with Ecotect 2010. One of Ecotect 2010's noted improvements is interaction with Revit. So, in my case, wouldn't want to spend one minute lookiing at old software (Ecotect 2009).

You mentioned receiving an error. Recommend doublechecking to see if you downloaded 2009 or 2010 product. If it's the 2010, you won't be able to get it running (without License Mgr which was not part of the download). If it's 2009... I can't help you, but I assume you should be able to get it going.

Tom
Message 4 of 4
DANBUERMAN4072

Thanks Tom,

Your info is very helpful. You are correct, the version I downloaded was 2009. Since I am not as familiar with the program as you, it will have to be good enough for now. Maybe later on a good version of 2010 will be available, hopefully before the 30 day trial period runs out.

Thanks again,

Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report