Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
352 Views, 1 Reply

Licence Problems

Hello,

We have a licence sever which has to contact your SQU1 server to authenticate our licence this service seems to have been halted for some reason! When I test the internet connection between us and the SQU1 server all appears to be fine yet when the service is stopped and restarted the I get the following licence error

Error: Internet Licence verification redirect refused.
Error: Activation server responded with 302 - 302 Found.
SQV1SVR - Unable to validate for 48 hours, licence serving ceased.

Could this be looked at as soon as possible please as we have users who urgently need to use the software they have paid for.

Thanks

Colin Parrott
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
drajmarsh
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Colin,

There is no doubt that your server is having problems connecting to the activation server. However it is returning a 302 Found response which is actually a redirection (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_302). The Ecotect Activation Server should not redirect you anywhere, so I suspect that this may be due to the intervention of a local proxy server, internet cache or firewall that is redirecting connections to squ1.com or it's IP address 207.210.104.66.

I have checked the activation server and it appears to be running okay. An extract from the log on my computer shows:

{quote}
Jun 09 10:10:56 2009: STARTED: "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Ecotect\Network\squ1LicenceService.exe"
Jun 09 10:10:56 2009: READING: ECO_v5.lic = ECO_v5, Educational Network licence, Expires on Dec 01 2009
Jun 09 10:10:56 2009: LICENCE: Training Licences Only, [POP NUMBER REMOVED] - 192.168.1.6
Jun 09 10:10:56 2009: SQU1SVR: Obtaining Square One activation server details.
Jun 09 10:10:57 2009: SQU1SVR: Successfully contacted SQU1 server.
Jun 09 10:11:07 2009: SQU1SVR: Validating licences with Square One activation server.
Jun 09 10:11:08 2009: SQU1SVR: [POP NUMBER REMOVED] = ECO_v5 (2 licences available, 0 on loan).
Jun 09 10:11:08 2009: SQU1SVR: Licences successfully validated.
{quote}

I can't offer an absolute solution for you as there may be a more local cause. However, you could try re-activating your license using your original details. You can go through exactly the same process you went through originally and the system will understand that you are simply updating your details. This may be enough to get your cache to reload the 'page' at that address and understand that it's contents are changeable so therefore to not cache responses.

If you continue having problems, please reply here or send some details to support@ecotect.com so that we can check your account from our end and investigate the problem further.

Kind regards,
Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew Marsh
Principal Software Engineer
AEC-Simulation
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report