Did you mean: 

Licence Problem

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
546 Views, 8 Replies

Licence Problem

Hi

My PC is infected with a virus and I am unable to transfer my Ecotect Licence using standard procedures. I get the message "an error occured connecting to the server".

Can I get some help please as I need to urgently run some analysis and cannot until I transfer my license to another machine.

My details are:

iant@eb7.co.uk
EB7 Ltd.

It was purchased in December 2007. I can supply PoP number over a secure email but am not keen to post this on the forum.

Many Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The server is still down and I am unable to use my paid for copy of Ecotect. If this situation is not resolved by 8pm GMT today, I shall be instructing my legal team to take action against Squ1/Autodesk for withholding my licence!
Message 3 of 9
drajmarsh

Hi Ian,

Your account licenses were freed up on Friday the 8th, May - you should have received an automatic email when this was done but it sounds like it may have been eaten by a spam filter.

There has been a glitch with the DNS for the squ1.com domain, but this should be very close to sorting itself out now. However, there is a quick work-around provided on the front page of the ecotect.com site that you can apply in the interm. For more details, see:

http://ecotect.com/activation/license_server_problems

Hopefully this will get you up and running immediately...

Kind regards,
Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew Marsh
Principal Software Engineer
AEC-Simulation
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Dr Marsh

How do we get email licence activation?

Please read my emails sent recently

Thanks
Keith Jack
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Hi Andrew - I have been working through support to get this license issue resolved to no avail.

I have a new laptop and my old one is barely servicable so I cant use the software for modelling on either PC at the moment.

I have done the edit local host file thing and have installed the ecotect network license manager and regardless of whether i try to do a license transfer through ecotect or activate the license or deactivate the license and return it to the activation server i get blocked after entering my login, passowrd and PO number details by an error message that says "a Login failed - your details did not match any existing Ecotect sales account. Please check your login details and try again."

Needless to say i'm pretty frustrated by this particularly given i have logged on to the site and can see my license details on line and have had the license details confirmed by support.

My new Desktop serial number is KJPSWqmoLZECpXmCej - can you just issue a new licence for that PC so I can get on with things? My old laptop is going straight in the bin after this is sorted

Please help
Message 6 of 9
drajmarsh

Hi Warner,

I found your license details and reset it for you. I also sent an email with all your login details and links to the latest downloads (if you need them) to your original work email - the one registered with the account.

If you can't get access to this, please send an email to support@ecotect.com and mark it to my attention. It should get forwarded to me and I'll send a copy to your new address.

Hope that helps...

Kind regards,
Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew Marsh
AEC-Simulation
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 9
drajmarsh

Hi Keith,

We haven't been ignoring you - I can see from your account that your licenses have been reset a couple of times recently and automatic emails sent with all your login details (thankfully there was only one account with the name Keith Jack :)). These have been going to your OCVC email address so may have been spammed - at least worth checking.

I'm certainly happy to help in any way I can. All your multiple licenses are available for you to (re)activate, so hopefully it's something simple I can walk you through. Unfortunately I don't work in support so can't see your original support requests (I did check back though all your forum posts just in case as well). Thus, if you could email some details of the problem you are having either on this forum or to support@ecotect.com and mark it to my attention, I'm sure I can get back to you with a solution.

I'm sorry we have led you on a huge run-around here, but hopefully we can sort things out very soon.

Kind regards,
Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew Marsh
AEC-Simulation
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Dear Dr Marsh,

Recently I formatted the hard drive of my laptop. I then re-installed
Ecotect 5.20 and activated my student licence using the Software
Registration Code you have provided me with. The Desktop Serial
Number was appeared to be exactly the same to the one before
formatting my hard drive.

A few days later I decided to re-format the hard drive. There were 2
hidden partitions in my hard drive, containing my OS and some other
data, so I decided to fully format the drive and clean everything in
order to make more space.

However, when I tried to re-install Ecotect 5.20 the Desktop Serial
Number had changed to a new one, this preventing me from activating my
licence since a new Software Registration Code is now required!

Could you please have a look into this? Why did the Desktop Serial
Number change after having fully formatted my drive? It had not
changed before; only when I deleted all the partitions it changed!
Could you please provide me with a new Software Registration Code or
with another solution?

I have also sent an e-mail to support@ecotect.com with the subject:
FAO Dr A Marsh - Fwd: Desktop Serial Number - change after format!
Inside there you will find a PDF attachment with all the purchase info
details, as well as the old and new Desktop Serial Numbers.

Kindest regards,
Alex
Message 9 of 9
drajmarsh

Hi Alex,

I did get forwarded your email message and, hopefully, you are now back up and running 🙂 ...

Kind regards,
Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew Marsh
AEC-Simulation
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report